Medical equipment plays a central role in the healthcare industry. Whether at home or at a medical care facility, the right medical equipment is essential to saving lives and the advancement of general health and wellbeing.
Technology – It is almost impossible to keep track of all the new models, designs and versions of equipment available today. Technology has evolved significantly over the years, and has had a profound impact on the medical industry. Even if the right equipment can be found, finding the most affordable option and a reputable supplier can prove daunting. Keep in mind that health care equipment must adhere to standards and regulations, and not all manufacturers and suppliers may be suitable. In fact there are many suppliers that only focus on price and not on quality and durable medical equipment. But through research the consumer can safeguard against inferior products and unscrupulous dealers.
Medical Personnel – During procurement of medical equipment, training of medical personnel should also be taken into account. Getting the absolute best equipment means nothing when you have no one to operate it. Personnel should stay up to date with modern technology, techniques and procedures for operating modern equipment. In most sectors training is seen as an investment in your human capital and it forms a crucial part of delivering quality service to consumers.
Medical Equipment – Medical equipment used outside medical care facilities, for example at home, should also be of the highest quality and standard, given that it will most likely not be operated by health care professionals. Durable medical equipment as it is known has become a crucial part of modern day home care as many consumers just can’t afford professional care. The maintenance of such equipment is also an important consideration and quality information will help you make the correct choice when it comes to durable medical equipment.
The goal of Medical Pulse is to provide a comprehensive guide to the products and services in the medical industry, focused on professional health care facilities, hospitals and at home. The articles, reviews and advice about medical equipment, suppliers, supplies and training aims to provide the professional and consumer with the latest accurate information, enabling them to make informed decisions.
|This category focuses on easy access and mobility equipment for people with disabilities. This includes articles and consumers guides on a wide variety of topics. Some of our most popular topics include finding used mobility scooters for sale, which wheelchair stair lifts to consider and if installing a home elevator for a wheelchair is really worth the money.|
|This category aims to answer all your questions on home medical equipment and hospital equipment. The articles contain great tips for buying home medical equipment online and also a great step by step guide on how to rent out or sell used medical equipment. If you are interested in hospital equipment then you’d best check out our online consumers guide.|
|For the latest in home medical supplies and medical training supplies. If you are diabetic then you will be happy to know that we cover some diabetic products, such as cheap diabetic shoes, custom diabetic shoes and insulin pump supplies. We also have a guide on proper diabetic foot care that shouldn’t be missed. If you do your medical supplies shopping online then you must check out our guide on online shopping for not to be missed tips and advice that can really help you save money.|
|Bringing you information on different medical training courses and degrees. We provide resources for wide variety of medical professions, including content on Paramedic schools, certified nursing classes, CPR training classes and biomedical engineering schools. If you want to know what a medical profession entails, which medical study programs are available and where you can study then check out our articles. Use the information we provide to make an informed decision about your future profession.|
Durable Medical Equipment Information
Durable medical equipment is special equipment prescribed by physicians for home use that provides therapeutic benefits and helps patients perform tasks they would not otherwise be able to do. This special equipment facilitates ordinary daily activities and improves quality of life. It also allows a patient to return to the comfort of his or her home with a high level of confidence, trust and independence.
The term ‘durable medical equipment’ includes iron lungs, oxygen tents, nebulizers, catheters, hospital beds, wheelchairs, lift chairs, powered-scooters, canes, crutches and walkers. Medicare, a social insurance program administered by theUnited Statesgovernment providing health insurance coverage to people aged 65 and over, also to those under 65 who are permanently disabled or have a congenital physical disability, will cover certain types of medical equipment
Features of Durable Medical Equipment
- It can withstand repeated use
- It serves a recognized medical purpose
- It generally is not useful to an individual without an illness or injury
- It is appropriate for home use, and last
- It is prescribed by a physician as medically necessary
If someone in your family has suffered an injury, and has become weak and physically disabled, and is considering medical equipment, your life will be made a lot easier if you go online to see what is on the market. Technology improves and changes all the time.
Benefits Of Home Care Include:
- Durable medical equipment available to assist home care patients and caregivers.
- Patients using home care with durable medical equipment are more comfortable receiving treatment and recovering in a familiar, loving environment.
- Patients who continue with normal family activities using durable medical equipment stay mobile and recover faster.
- Patients and families can be more instrumental in decision-making when they are together daily.
- Preventative home care using durable medical equipment avoids hospitalizations
Also, going online allows you to find as many durable medical equipment sites in a matter of minutes. You can examine products up close and compare features and benefits of the medical equipment on offer. You can browse without leaving your home and without someone breathing down your neck. If you don’t find enough information on a site, vary your search words and try again. You will be surprised at how many sites you can choose from. You can also browse through the yellow pages, read articles and blogs and news items, reviews and consumer guides, and even join a forum where people in the same position as you discuss and evaluate durable medical equipment.
When buying durable medical equipment, make sure to go online and read testimonials and success stories of durable medical equipment suppliers you are interested in purchasing from. Ask what kind of service, support and warranties they have. Check the consumer guide to see if there is anything negative about the company they have written about.
What To Look For In A Durable Medical Equipment Company
Doctors spend a lot of time and money every single year buying durable medical equipment for hospitals, lying in clinics, emergency rooms, school and office clinics, etc. The whole process of shopping from durable medical equipment companies can be less stressful once it is approached in an organized fashion; all the while maintaining fairly low expenses without compromising the value of the equipment to be purchased.
Make A List Of The Medical Equipment
It helps to make a list of all the medical equipment that needs to be purchased. The list should include:
- The item, including name and any necessary codes.
- The quantity of every piece of equipment.
- It is also important to include the date of when the equipment needs to be delivered.
- Adding in details such as what rooms would need to have new equipment as well as taking note of what kind of medical procedures the equipment would be used for later.
Stick To Your Budget
After completing this list, find out how much of a budget you have and then start searching online for companies that distribute medical equipment.
Keep these tips in mind when shopping for medical equipment:
- If you are going to shop around with a rather limited budget, it is best to consult with friends or colleagues where they bought their medical equipment.
- If there are referrals you can talk to and negotiate costs with it would help a lot in reducing your expenses.
- Or you can search online for companies that hold an auction of medical equipment where wheelchairs, an ambulance stretcher and other types of medical equipment are sold off at an affordable price.
- If you prefer to buy brand new equipment, get at least five quotes of all your needed equipment from different suppliers. This will help you choose the best deal and help in negotiating for better prices later on.
- Only call or email those companies that have all of the equipment you need. This saves you more time and it would be easy to get a discount because of the bulk purchase.
Check The Medical Equipment Company And Warranty
Make sure that the companies you will be purchasing equipment from are:
- FDA and BBB registered
- Offer at least a year’s worth of warranty on the durable medical equipment they sell
- That they have been around doing business for at least five to ten years.
After choosing a company, schedule an appointment to discuss details of the sales quote (which must include the price, warranty as well as accessories that are included with each medical equipment) with your sales agent to find out if you can be given a bulk discount and also to ask for references. Asking for references would be a great way to check how a specific company has provided its services in the past. Before making the first down payment, ask for a final payment statement and make sure that you keep in touch with your sales agent until after the equipment have been delivered. This is to make sure that everything you ordered is in good condition upon delivery. It is also a good idea to keep in touch with your sales agent for any future questions or concerns about the durable medical equipment that you have bought from their company.